From the archives of TiPWiki, the unofficial Duke TIP Wiki
There are many banned items at TIP.
Including fun things like:
- Visitors (visitors from an approved list are allowed on sunday mornings during free time. usually just family members from in town)
- Computers (as of 2013, laptops are allowed.)
- Fencing matches
- Video games (except games on your iPod) (Actually, at many campuses, TIP pretends they can ban games on your phone)
- Trading cards (unless you were in Gaston's RC group. Then you had to get Pokémon cards)
- Cars (no, seriously. It was in the handbook.)
Strobelights (blame Lisa. For more information, speak to a member of the Zulu Force.)
- If you want to get around this rule, there is a free app for iPod touches and iPhones that will create a strobe light.
- iPads (they were allowed at Davidson Term 2 2012, as of 2014 portable electronic devices are allowed)
- Portable DVD players
- Any living creature
- Bags of Sugar (Talk to AJ and Sneha)