Do you have an idea for something that would make this community better? Create a section below for it and we can hash out the details! If not, thats cool, take a look at the ideas presented below and add your comments.
An archive of scans of documents from TIP. Would include term books and any documents (that are not simply text and to be archived need to be scanned) produced by classes and RAGS.
- Would provide a good companion to the wiki for archiving of information.
- Image hosting could be done through links to such sites as photobucket. The actual pictures don't have to be on this website, just links to them.
Do those sites limit resolution? Could we post PDFs to those sites?
No and no. 12:44, 1 August 2006 (MST)
- For most of them I think we will want to be able to post multi-page doccuments. The best format for that (in my opinion) is PDF. Also, I worry about the lack of control we would have over those sites.
- No and no. 12:44, 1 August 2006 (MST)
- Do those sites limit resolution? Could we post PDFs to those sites?
- Cost of hosting. Depending on the size of the archive additional funds may need to be donated to compensate for User:Anthony's small budget.
I like it. 12:53, 28 July 2006 (MST)
Me too. For size/bandwith purposes, they could be uploaded externally. Also, for Termbooks, it could be possible to find the original digital copy as opposed to scans if it's recent enough? and, if anyone is willing to contact them. --Trees 03:39, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- An image for every article.