Unsolicited Advice, known formally as Unsolicited Advice, Ask an RC, and Juice Boxes, is an evening activity at some TIP sites. Contrary to what the name would imply, the advice is entirely solicited. Participants write questions that the RCs moderating may (or may not, depending on TIPropriateness), answer. Juice boxes (Kool-Aid bottles) are recceived at the beggining of the session when TIPsters grab pieces of paper and a marker. Questions are usually totally random. Take for example these gems, asked during Term II 2010 second session:
- What do I do if I like my roommate?
- Why is the sky blue?
- Why is this juice not in box form?
- Is there really a TIP control group?
- What do I do if I wake up and my roommate's spooning me? (This was asked in a follow up to 'what do I do if I like my roommate', as part of the RCs awnser involved not spooning them. It also had an explanation of spooning)
- There's this hot chick in the room, should I ask her out?
- What's a blowjob? (this was indeed answered, albeit in a TIPropriate fassion)
- Is it because im Jewish? (they kept yelling at Ross Yanuck)
- Why did you break up with Mike?
- Whats a Blumpkin?
- How do you grind?
- Unknown chach, what year is it?
Questions about TIP babies were allegedly asked during the first session.
Things to be Asked
Why do People play frisbee so much here? It's really f***ing gay. (Tipsters love frisbee; therefore those who love tip, as all tipsters do, play frisbee, and there is nothing wrong with that, nor is there anything wrong with being gay.)
At UGA Term II 2012, this activity was called Womanswers, and occurred twice.
At Tech Term 2 2015 this activity occurred twice, the first time it was done by RC Callie and Ta Cheyanne and was very tippropriate. The Second time it was done by various staff members including Hamilton, we learned a lot about sex positions, being drunk, and so on.