Duke TiP Policy Change of 2013
THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. TIPWIKI APOLOGIZES FOR ANY PAIN WE MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU, BUT WE STILL PROBABLY LAUGHED AT YOUR EXPENSE.
Duke TiP announced on April 1st, 2013, that a significant change is coming to TiP for the Academy and Center system, allowing 4th years to come back for a 5th year. 4th years will retain their privileges as usual, while 5th years will gain more 5th year privileges. This new policy is now in effect in enough time for 5th years to go to TiP. This will be available at the campuses UGA, Duke West, Duke East, Texas A&M, and Duke Marine Lab.
Duke TiP's Official Statement
"After a massive outpour of support, Duke TiP is finally proud to announce the policy change today on April 1st, 2013. Duke TiP students will finally be allowed to return for a 5th year in the middle of their junior to senior year. All 5th year tipsters applying will automatically be accepted, and every class' maximum size will be increased to accommodate the acceptance of every 5th year. This is to allow 5th years to spend their last high school summer with their fellow students and colleagues, and we have designed the system to relieve any stress that the applications process may induce. More information on the policy change will come at a later date."
5th Year Priveleges
- Allowed to go to dinner 30 minutes earlier
- Evening study is now optional and all 5th years allowed to go to 5th years activities
- Ability to select RC groups and roomates after a one week drop-add visitation period
- Official RC day, which is a specially designated day in which every 5th year becomes an RC for a day
- Mandatory Fun isn't so mandatory anymore
- Dress codes no longer apply
- 12:00 Bed Time