Neuroscience was a class at Duke West newly established for 2005 after multiple participants of 2004's Intro to Medical Science class requested it. It is called "The Brain, Intelligence, and Creativity" at UGA, but is also known as "The Brain." '
The teacher was Alex, a UNC-Chapel Hill graduate, which made for some awkward T-shirt moments on campus, while the TA was Billy, who tried to teach the class how to be even fractionally as cool as him. Lots of field trips to UNC, lots of technical difficulties, lots of getting REALLY lost in the French Family Science Center.
- Taylor Jordan "TJ" Brantley
- Hersh Travedi
- Ryan Patterson
- Madison Schroder
- Jacob Eden
- THE FOURTH F - Just remembering the four main functions of the hypothalamus. Flight, Fight, Feeding, and... procreation.
- FRISBEE - Intensity. Incarnate.
- CLASS RULE - Don't be actin' a fool. That encompassed pretty much all of it.
- PPT MANIAC - Apparently, we can write notes at the pace of 114 words a second. I think not.
- CLASS DIAGRAMS - Guy with a mohawk brain... Multicolored tongue... Aren't we the next Picasso?
The teacher was a Russian with an unspellable last name (Tchapyjnikov) and similarly foreign first name (Dmitry). He reportedly ice-skates. The TA was Billy, who looked like he knew what he was doing there. For three weeks.
- Sahil P.
- Nick and Brandon C. (collectively called Ostrich, since they are twins)
- Spencer W.
- Jamie S.
- Jessica D.
- Jessica L.
- Sofia L.
- Wendy J.
- Michael H.
- Katie G.
- Richard H.
- Teddy L. (Tedward)
- Barbara Ann K.
- Raffy S.
- CORPUS COLLOSUM - The (possible) answer to any in-class Jeopardy question.
Inside Jokes: Baking a cake with a hamster Huntsville, you are the problem Acetylcholine...estrase There will be consequences
- Instructor: Jennifer Wong, Jen, J.Wo
- TA: William J. Brady (AKA Billy)
- Class shirt: OH SYNAPSE, [picture of hippo on campus] haha, get it? synapse? hippocampus?
Term two had the privilege of seeing Inception in theatres, since it relates to dreams, but more importantly just happened to be showing during the term. The awesome teachers, of course decided to take a trip to see the movie. Also included in the class were brain and eyeball dissections. Neuroscience also did an intellegence discussion with Social Psch, and a long discussion about pyscopaths with abnormal and social pysch.
- Katharine W. - the animal lover
- Graham H. - questionable honorary girl. Cept he's engaged.
- Achyuta B. - ACHYUTAA!!. 'nuff said.
- Skylar M. - the girl with incredibly long converse
- Abby N. - Or Abe, on cross dress day
- Chris S. - the starter of ninja. always
- Roja G. - victim of abuse from the pyscopath (Note: she left a few days early due to a tennis tourney)
- Abby S. - soon to be artist
- Noah T. - AKA the Ginger Diva
- Glenn J. - the stylish one
- Victor V. - cup shanker and known for the 'Victor Hair Flip'
- Shohini R. - pyschopath who beats Roja with apples
- Ray N. - honorary girl
- Helly P. - Tom obsessed
- Richard X. - a ninja
- Pooja M. - an extremely convincing cross dresser
- Britt H. - Or Eminem, because of his beastly rap at the end of term
- Lisa M. - in need of an inside voice, along with Chris
- Instructor: Arianna Tamvacakis
- TA: Claire Ober
- Class Shirt: That's Insanium in the Cranium!
Term I was awesome in that it had only 14 people in the class. During the term, the class took a field trip to the local children's hospital to watch an MRI scan and learn more about it. Term I also watched the pilot for House and most of A Beautiful Mind.
- Arjun D. - An Indian who seemed quite aloof
- Faith Y. - The only fourth year Asian in the class, and one cool Asian (curry-cubed!)
- Madie B. - The ginger, also a fourth year
- Patrick T. - One of the coolest TIPsters ever, also a fourth year
- Ryan H. - A hilarious lacrosse player who acted high during free time
- Ryann K. - A first year second year of Lebanese descent
- Pranav P. - A quite unexpectedly hilarious "lax-bro"
- Victor R. - Canadian by birth, Soviet by family
- Kristy Y. - "Sound dyslexic" girl who got nailed in the face by a Frisbee
- Zoë C. - The most hipster girl at camp
- Maggie C. - One of the smartest girls... ever
- TJ B. - Nicknamed Top Dawg, was quite an interesting guy (famously stating "Sun's out guns out")
- Phu N. - A third year of Vietnamese descent, lived in the wrong hall, (Cross between teddy bear, Asian, and Chuck Norris)
- Katharyn L. - Second year girl who blushed A LOT (HAD LOTS OF NUTELLA)
- Instructor: Jason Shepard
- TA: Claire Ober
- Class Moto: Biology. Philosophy. Psychology. Swag. (NOTE: Class moto is a variation of a moto created by Jaci, who coincidentally is most likely to be one half of the ingredients to Hot Sauce, the other being Kelso/Kari Leigh.)
- Class Cheer:
Neuroscience beats Forensics, each and everyday. Cadavers, guns, and hit 'n runs, No one cares anyway! Go Neuroscience!
The last line was the part Jason wanted to add.. he was typically the only one who said it.
The greatness of Duke West Neuroscience 2011 Term II cannot even be put into words. Enzymes with Machine Guns, gold stars (and black holes!), Jason trees, and a cat named The Present King of France AKA Sven Franklin but You Can Just Call Him Sven. Need I say more? In a related note, on the swag scale, there is maximum swag and then Shane Swag. Shane Swag > Maximum Swag. Jason was beginning to register on the swag scale until he coined the term "swag-a-licious." On that day not only did he fall off of the Swag Scale, but he broke the Loser Scale. Sorry Jason, there is no coming back from that one. Jason is definitely a BrainBowl Nazi. Nazis are not cool. Jason also has a thesis that you should download and read all seventy-something pages of. The topic is actually pretty interesting! Google "Jason Shepard psychology" and its one of the first results.
- Chris B. - Most likely to be wrongly accused of un-athleticism. (Sorry! <3 :P)
- Zac B. - Most likely to have a blast being gender-confused.
- Kari Leigh B./Kelso - Most likely to be a creeper. (NOTE: 'Creeper' isn't even an acceptable term. 'Creepster' is the only variation of which that can be used.)
- Chelsi C. - Most likely to be a transformer.
- John F. - Most likely to make his nurses laugh while they assist him in conducting brain surgery.
- David H. - Most likely to be a stealth assassin.
- Tanner L. - Most likely to be in the hospital/having surgery when we come up with the superlatives.
- Ike O. - Most likely to be an Irish rapper.
- Ishana R. - Most likely to be a PLAYDOUGH MIXER. *gasp*
- Sumit S. - Most likely to be the top of a mountain.
- Jessica S. - Most likely to get her face ripped off, grilled, and eaten by Zac (ZÅÅQ)
- Jaci S. -Most likely to be half the ingredients to Hot Sauce.
- Cathy S. -Most likely to defend Chinese television.
- Joseph V. -Most likely to know his superlative before we write it down.
- Instructor: Courtney Jacobs
- TA: Nina
- Ella W
- Ella B
- Jolly FOHNST,
- Floor denter,
- crushed dreams,
- "sleeping in,"
- The Austrio-Canadian Nanny State,
- "Do not say anything else about Canada. Or North Dakota,"
- Sasha: Leader of the glorious Canadian revolution,
- lots of ERS and frisbee,
- ica ow (ow ow ow),
- beating cancer bio,
- car troubles...
- "JC no eating brain"
- No food references!
- Instructor: Qihua
- TA: Cameron
Words Of The Day
- Bacon cow
- Dubstep Aortas
- Shammy lace-ups
- You Noam?
- Ghetto-fied way
- Chicken mama
- Backpack your mom
- I hear hands
- I am slowly becoming the board
- Look at you're life, look at you're spinning
Instructor: Mona TA: Elizabeth
- Nathan W
- Katherine M
- Shray (the real slim-Shrady)
Instructor: Jonathan TA: Mak
Most likely to:
- Sam- gorilla finished
- Andrew- same
- Ryan- be dreamy and desirable
- Nikhil- have a near death experience
- Maggie- be under a tree (because it's shady)
- Haniya- have dun goofed
- Elizabeth- deez [REDACTED] (thanks, administration)
- Dang- got 'em
- Lori- commit a crime and be forgiven
- Dorothy- not finish an ice cream bar
- Grace- be locked out of an open building
- Natalie- yawn
- Isabelle- lowkey hate on everyone
- Noelle- worship Jar Jar Binks
- Lulu- start a cult
- Taylor- think it's 2016
- Jenna- be the nerdiest at nerd camp
- Debbie- be a surprise
- Jonathan (instructor)- receive a banana message
- Mak (TA)- "are we done?"
- evolutionarily speaking...
- st augustine grass
- no neck no neck no neck
- who's Felicia?!?!?!?
- got 'em coach
- ya dun goofed
- black magic
- that's not gonna work here
- red light
- brain in a vat
- you only float once
- oi! oi! oi!
- alright alright alright alright
- jab jab
- cyborg foundation
- ok ok ok
- she doesn't like tea
- no hands
- how many elephants??
Instructor: Marc (aka Sensei) TA: Caleb