Artificial Intelligence is a class at Georgia Tech. It is notable for being completely different from the course description: learn how to code before taking this class, please. Please also learn calculus before taking this class, specifically partial derivatives.
Intro to Artificial Intelligence begins with doing random math problems and coding in Python which no one knows how to do. Python will be taught later in the class but not soon enough. Once you learn to code in Python, you will program Finch robots. The robots are very bad and you will come to hate these robots. In the second to third week you will learn about how to make deep neural networks with back propagation. Half of the class will sleep through this lesson, and the other half will stare blankly at board understanding nothing. Only one kid will know what is going on. The class ends with a final project, done alone or in pairs. Good luck, you have three days to teach yourself how to make an AI. Copy and Paste is your only hope in this class. In 2019, this class was popular enough to merit two sessions per term, of which Session Two probably has no clue what they just read above because they had a different instructor.
- Andrew (with curly hair)
- Andrew (with straight hair)
- TA: Bhargav
- Instructor: Scott
- "My only flaw is being bad at coding." - Paul
- "I welcome our AI overlords." - everybody. Remember what happened on Game Show Island on Poptropica.
- "My friend changed it and I don't know how to change it back." - Kip on why his name on his computer is "Troll McBoss"
- "I welcome death." - Aerin and Katie
- "Katie, you're like negative. Just kidding, you're like a 2." - Noah DESTROYING Katie
- "Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a room. A rubber room. With rats. Rubber rats. I hate rats. They drive me crazy. (repeat)" - half the class driving poor Aerin, Katie, Paul, Kip, Noah, Ansh, and Dristi CRAZY (i was crazy once)
- "If our class was in the Hunger Games, who do you think would win? I bet Andrew (with straight hair) and Scott would team up and stab the rest of us in the back." - Katie
- "Double chocolate chip frappuccino for Anus?" - Starbucks Barista
- "Hey Scott, I think I'm having an allergic reaction to bees." - Katie (so tragic)
- "Can I see your code?" - everyone
- "Sure, but it doesn't work." - also everyone
- Instructor: Bhargav K.
- TA: Alan C.
- Instructor: Dhar Rawal
- TA: Julien
- David Rodgers
- Nicer Nick
- Edgy Erin
- Nicest Nick
Term 1 | Session 1
- Instructor: Dhar Rawal
- TA: Sarah Grade
- Also Evan
- The successful importing of the finch module
- Building a program to play any midi file (notably All Star and the Fortnite default dance) with the finch buzzer
- Travis' birthday
- Combining and subsequently losing three full decks of cards
- The decision to revoke Sarah's personhood
- A few successful count-offs ("Who's number five?!")
- The creation of the Projector Cult
- The decision to reinstate Sarah's personhood