Infamous Heartbreaker of Chow Mein; Player of Dubstep at Volume 11; Most Badass Asian Ever; Sensei of The Pull Game
Wilson Pu was a gangsta asian 2nd Year/4th Year. He attended Duke Marine Lab in 2011 for his 2nd Year, taking marine biology. He applied for his 3rd Year; however, he was unfortunately stuck on the sad, sad, sad waiting list. Now for a moment of silence...... ANYWAYS, for his 4th Year, he took Video Game Programming at Duke TiP West Term 1 2013. Everyone knew Wilson. Everyone loved Wilson. Even if he was referred to as "that really funny Asian guy." Wilson loves TiP more than anything in the world! And he's one of the greatest friends anyone could have. Just talking to him can make anyone smile and/or laugh. But overall, Wilson and his TiP experience were unforgettable, amazing, and LEGENDARY.
Duke Marine Lab Term 1 2011
Wilson had the time of his life swimming around catching fish and other scary stuff you find out there in the ocean. DUML was paradise for him. His instructor's name was Ms. Wessal... However, silly Wilson pronounced it as 'Weasel' on the first day.... Lets just say that Weasel got a bit angry at Wilson. This was the year that everything began. Wilson met so many new people, made new lasting friendships, and gained endless memories. He still even keeps in touch with some of his friends from DUML today, like Mary Elizabeth Cooper.
West Term 1 2013
Wilson was part of the all famous DUNC SQUAD and participated in Video Game Programming. The only reason why Wilson went to West this year was because he was wait-listed from DUML... oh duh wirson... -.- But still, This Was Wilson's Year. He was so cool, well known, funny, crazy, and just AWESOME. :D Legends say he has only worn closed-toed shoes at the last dance at which he looked like a break dancer. Wilson is known for his duh asian accent and was commonly referred to as Buk Lau. He was an integral part of the Ghostbusters TiPsync that was performed by the Dunc Squad, because his backpack spin was so flawless. Also, he definitely should have won the dance off because of his extremely attractive towel waving antics. Wilson enjoys cutting his nails in a peculiar fashion. Wilson brought his computer speakers and played music during free time in the P hall and during evening studies (although they later got blown out) He particularly enjoyed the song Must Be The Feeling by Nero. He was also quite the ladies' man at TiP due to a particular incident during Hercules. For the 4th Year Doctor, Doctor skits, Wilson was one of the "make-up girls" and swatted those kids away.... after rolling across the floor like a bad boi. He got out of going to the office for trying to get on the roof by stealthing around the halls and in people's rooms, leaving everyone else in the dust. He is also a really good friend and gives great hugs and advice. For the last dance, Wilson escorted Olivia Larner down the red carpet and danced the night away. <3 Everyone at West loved Wilson. He was practically friends with everybody, but was super tight with some of the Dunc Squad, including his bros Clark Davis, Ryan Harradine and Antony Samuel. Overall, Wilson was the life of the party.
Wilson's Asian side
- Overall Wilson was known for his Buk Lau voice. Popular phrases were "like a somebodeeeeeeeeeee", "ayyyaaaaa", and "wol de shi gua".
- Wilson could do a very good japanese impression by bowing his head, scrunching up his face and saying "konichiwa" in a little japanese girl voice.
- He also can impersonate stereotypical anime characters by spinning around, making a peace sign, and saying "Let's go!"
- Wilson made 's phrase "Eat rice. Be nice." famous after saying it at the end of his very amazing 4th-year speech.
- At dances, Wilson would do his super stereotypical asian dance moves that represented eating duh noodles, drinking duh soup, and doing duh homework.
- Created the phrase "asian swaqq"
- Introduced "Rappin for Jesus"
- Known for constantly telling Andrew Tanaka, "Yu so sexy, yu maik mi so hournay bic boi!"
- PU-Bear ( would scare people by yelling PU-BEAR in her manly man voice.)
- BIG BOI
- On the last day, Wilson Pu landed at the Atlanta airport half an hour after did. They met up for one last time. Sophia walked Wilson to the baggage claim and gave him one last hug and they said their last goodbyes before turning around for her connecting flight.
- Wilson and Daniel Palladino met at SkyZone, an indoor trampoline park. He was so excited and couldn't wait to jump around with Danye! After 5 minutes of jumping around with joy, Wilson dislocated his shoulder. Did Wilson panic? Nope. The first thing Wilson said was, "HEY DANIEL. HOLD MY PHONE. I NEED TO SEND A SNAPCHAT." So many worried friends, including Sophia Ly, Mary Clarke Worthington, Joanna and Margaret Sands, and Clark Davis, all received very surprising Snapchats. So then, the TiP reunion was moved to the hospital. However, they both had lots of fun and plan on heading to SkyZone soon! ....After Wilson's week of wearing a sling....
Now, as of September 27th, Wilson is dying of pain over Skype because he has recently gone through surgery to fix his shoulder. The things this Tipster does for TiPunions.