Folks who have been "TIPnamed" include the following. Please add yourself or anyone you know if you/they are not included. Don't forget to add how the names came about (if you have any idea). Couple mesh-names (e.g. "Weggy" or "Driz)" do not count as Nicknames. Do not add them.
- Ginger (Margaret) - On her first day of TiP the first girl to talk to her told her the ginger legend and started introducing her as such and the name stuck. Margaret became known as the ginger- even to those she was not familiar with.
- Hat Guy (Benson) - after always wearing the famous fedora hat, Benson was soon stuck with the name. In truth, he only wore the hat the first week.
- White N' Nerdy (Caleb Hall) - After his lip sync performance, the name stuck.
- Milfred (Aren) - First called Milfred by Appalchian. No one is entirely sure where this nickname came from.
- Smith (Chris) - This nickname came from the sunglasses he wore for most of TIP Term I at ASU.
- Appalachian (Morgan) - First day at ASU Term I 06, Angie asked Morgan her name, she said it was on her (Morgan's) card, and Angie said "Your name is Appalachian?" Because the campus cards for ASU and "Appalachian" written in large letters on the front.
- Ella "Mom". Mock Trial called her mom due to her telling the group to calm down and such.
- Esther "Grandma". Some of mock trial called her this because Ella/mom sat in her lap.
- Jay "Minus 100 points"
- Porter "Polo"
- Jacob "BRUH"
- Jerry "sass level"
- Liam "Fake Liam"
- Rohan " Savage"
- Claire "Tony Stark" She was a boy for TIPsync and looked exactly like Tony Stark
- Scarlett "Drummer Girl" She's a drummer and a girl not much else to it
- Ashley "Sassafras" The first of Lauren's rag to open and get her sass account closed within 5 minutes
- Zoe "Spielberg" She came up with the fabulous effects for Lauren's rag's TIPSync show
- Avery "Frozen Mystery" She froze an orange and we aren't quite sure why
- Katya "Button Maker" The girl had the most amazing buttons ever. I experienced button envy
- Annie "Insta-grits" What else is there to say other than she had them with her but a lot of them
- Juliana "Book Eater" She could chew through books like Scarlett could with tacos
- Drue "Mermaid Blue" She was part mermaid so she obviously had blue hair. Duh
- Kora "Zacharie" Remember the girl at the dance with the weird cat mask? Yeah that's Kora with a Zacharie mask
- Olivia "Silvertongue" With her quick wit and feisty attitude, she rightfully earned her nickname
- Lauren "Junior/Moriarty* She was RC Lauren's double in name but enjoyed fire and sass so she also got Moriarty onto her list
- RC Lauren "Mom/Landy" She was her rag's mom and also part of the ship, Landy
- TA Andy "Dad/Landy" The dad of Lauren's rag and also part of the ship, Landy
- Sugarbear shrey- called so due to his tendency to fall into cocaine like seizures and states.
- Damn it sachio- called so for he is the root of all evil that occurs on the campus, causing tables to break apart and much more
- tearjerker Hollis- this my nickname due to the fact I tried and spectacularly failed at trying to cry during a mock trial
- Jack- I don't have a nickname. Raleigh always takes my hat and takes selfies in it.
- Daredevil- due to the fact that I'm sorta blind and I'm a total badass
- Raleigh- how I pronounced my name for the first week due to my southern accent.
- #hashtagBoris- David was named his love of mother Russia and his love of torture
- Chopsticks (Ben Sun)- "You get 99! ONE CHOPSTICK UP ASHWHOLE!"
- Erik-THE SVEDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Stargate-Adam so called for his extreme obsession with a television series and his firm belief this "Stargate" is real and the government is hiding it in a mountain
- was also known for spontaneously yelling " i lost the game!" , which led to there being a rule in his class that noone can anounce the loss of any such game during class room hours. (Everybody hates you Adam, everybody EXCEPT STIRFRY!!!!!!!!!!)
- Fluffy-aka Collin- called that because of his sexual preference of animals, a fact which he openly shared on the last day.
- Stir-fry - aka Ashley- received this name from a close friend (Maggie) due to the fact that she hates her real name and the first meal was beef stirfry. She was also given countless other nicknames. SQUIRREL!
- Cheesepuff- Claire- not quite sure exactly how she got this name, but probably for her bright red hair and her small stature. she was known for her peppyness amd constant smile. And collection of dead things.
- Anakan-aka Sam
- Antoin-aka Nate
- Fatlin-aka Sehr Faltin
- Adaeus Wilson-Premo aka ghetto/gangster/star kid (known as Miserly Goldfish Toting Pimp by Emily's RC group)- ghetto/gangster/ster kid- adeus something. Real Name: Adaeus Wilson-Premo ( I checked my term book).....officially brought swine flu to davidson term 2... nicknamed ghetto/ganster/ster kid because of his excessive pants sagging, rock music playing, and sauntering around on the girl's floors. ster kid is a legit nickname because he was a gangster without a gang....haha get it?
NEW NOTE-Did NOT bring swine flu to the campus. He caught the regular flu virus there, and had to return home. His flu did not test positive for the swine...FYI
- Angelface (Molly Smith) - absolutely adorable, blonde, cute, and devious. Also known as Bonnie Blue (courtesy of Zoi) and PB.
- Pumpkin Bumpkin (Caitlin May) - Proud Texan with occasional secessionist beliefs, love for Willie Nelson and all country music, a determination to teach everyone at TIP how to two-step, and a REALLY STRONG ACCENT.
- Panda (Amanda Yang) - A tall, skinny Asian girl. She's Asian. Her name rhymes with Panda. This needs little explanation.
- Ditty! (Aditya Mahadevan) - Early on in the term, Kate Tranchina tried and failed to correctly pronounce Ditty's name, finally settling on "Ditty" to be his name forevermore. No Term II Davidson TIPster has called him anything else since. "DITTY!!!!" was often squealed across campus.
- Weasley/Weasel-Bee (Sean Christiansen) - A funny and charismatic ginger with a striking likeness to the fictional Harry Potter character Ron Weasley. Only Pumpkin Bumpkin (Caitlin May - see above) may call him Weasel-Bee. Often, his real name was forgotten.
- Keebler (James Cobb) - So named for his resemblance to an oversized elf.
- JoYAM (JoAnn Liang) - Nicknamed by Zoi Rosado, the only person allowed to call her that.
- Pineapple (Garrison Taylor) - Nicknamed by Zoi. Garrison = Gary = Spongebob = Pineapple. Got it?
- Cheez-It Boy (Jesse Hart) - No one really knew his real name for a while. But most everyone loved him. Sort of. Known ever since his first night at TIP, here is a reenactment...
A bunch of 4th floor girls go to the basement to get some soda they walk into the lounge and are talking to some guys in there.....then Jesse comes in ..... YOU STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY CHEEZ-ITS!!!! WHERE ARE MY CHEEZ-ITS?! Lizzie- (he was holding an orange cup) whats up with the orange cup:??? Jesse- its not a cup....ITS A GOBLET! this interaction became a 4th floor inside joke....MIND READING POWERS!!!! so jesse came up to our floor like he always did, but this time he was looking for a girl who actually was on the second floor. he was holding a three musketeers bar, which Lizzie promptly asked if it was a bomb......any ways so my friend hannah asks if she can have the 3 musketeers and he says sure and hands it to me (he had hearing problems or something) then as he's walking away, he stops and turns around and says,"please alert me if you have any side affects including, but not limited to mind reading capabilities in the next 24 hours...." at this point we are cracking up... THE NEXT DAY Jesse comes up to our floor, and hannah says, " hey you know how you said that 3 musketeers had mind reading powers??? well i think its working!!!!" she then incorrectly reads jesse's mind then we say that she can only read girl's minds.....she makes up some thought for a couple different people.....this prompts jesse to run down the hallway screaming....POSSESSED!!!!!!!POSSESSED!!!!!! oh jesse we will never forget you!
ANOTHER NOTE about Jesse: At the first dance, Adam Hooven jokingly "ground" on Jesse from behind, not actually touching him, just in the air, and Jesse turned around and screamed and cursed Adam by the "god of architecture" so that he could never build a modern structure ever again. Only Jesse could think of such a unique curse.
- NOTE: It is interesting to notice that the majority of the nicknames came from the fourth floor, primarily Sam's and Emily's RC groups.
- Frodo (Steven Hester) - Wanted a nickname due to being the only guy in the Wonderwarts class without a nickname. Was christened Frodo for his affinity for Lord of the Rings and large feet.
- Helen Keller (Thomas Remissong) - On the first day of classes during break, he just stared at the pole. Julianna, one of his classmates who lacked a filter, screamed, "YOU LOOK LIKE HELEN KELLER!!!" This led to many jokes about blind kids. May have also walked into a wall/pole/something that ought not to have been walked into.
- Harry Potter (N/A)-a boy who never showered but was known for waving sticks around in epic wand fights. A member of the "Wonderwarts" class.
- Luna (Caitlyn Borden) -For her resemblance to Luna Lovegood
- Fred (Carolyn Clements) - On the first day of class in From Wonderland to Hogwarts, instructor Justin Shanks asked the class if they preferred to be called by any other name. When Carolyn's turn came, she announced "I like to be called Fred!" (being totally sarcastic). Of course, this being TIP, from that day on, we called her Fred.
- Freddie (Sean Bibby) -For his striking resemblance to the iCarly character, Freddie.
- Faerie Girl (Fiona S) -She carried around a star wand everywhere she went and dressed up as a different themed faerie each day. Outfits included Holiday Faerie, Jailbreak Faerie, and Environmental Faerie. Her wand was desired by many.
- Nick Jonas (Harrison Bidwell) He looked like Nick Jonas. One should recall with fondness his door covered in Jonas Brother's posters. His RC group did a lip sync to the Jonas Brothers' "SOS" in which he played the role of one Nick Jonas. This video is still on YouTube.
- Godthing (Mackenzie Cole)
- Sisters (Luna Borden and Marni Charnow)
- Chihuahua (Pronounced Chee- hu-ah hu-ah) - (Isabella Auchus)
- Sir Talks-A-Lot (Blake Daniels)
- Squirrel Bait(Jose Pena) - during an attempted study of the local squirrels, the zoology class tried to use him as bait to lure the elusive rodents from their hiding places
- Jesus (Kylie) - she had "Jesus" hair and soon put a picture of Jesus on her door
- Gwen (Preston)- He did a lip sync to Gwen Stefani's 'The Sweet Escape'
- Veggie Boy (Douglas) - Being the one guy at pointless debate to debate that vegetarianism was good.
- Hindu (Sahil) - Known for guessing girls' Bra Sizes.
- Special K (Knox RC Ken) - he of the leprechaun outfit.
- Max (Caitlin) - Part of The Pink Flamingo Branch of the Phrench Mafia, name was bestowed upon her when the entire RC group got guy names. The name only caught on because everyone seemed incapable of remembering "Caitlin." Eventually she got fed up and just started answering to Max.
- The Cheerwine Dealer (Julia) She deals cheerwine. What more needs to be said?
- Suck (Lindley Bellian) - people claimed that her name rhymed with suck.
- TOFU (Chris[Christopher] Nettles) he scratched the "topher" out of "Christopher" on his class nametag. Tanner stromsnes started to call him topher, but everyone misheard him as saying "Tofu". This sparked anyone that has seen him to yell "TOFUUUUUUUUUUU" as he passed by.
- Jackie Chan (Andrew) - He looks exactly like jackie chan, there's not much more to explain.
- BearMan (Michael Suarez) - He's six feet tall and can catch the frisbee with his bear claw.
- Air Bounce! (Tim Shu) - Everyone that has thrown a frisbee with the algebra 2 group has seen tim 'bounce' the frisbee. It's more of a request than a nickname.
- The Star (Yuki Inaba) - Google 'Yuki Inaba'. [Warning, it's not TIPpropriate!]
- Casper (Marc Vogel) - He's as pale as a ghost.
- Sushi (Supriya Mazumdar) - Nobody could remember the name 'Supriya' on the first day.
- Harry Potter (Hemanth)-He offered Sona Kumar and Julia Reynolds (the two most epic pair of roommates ever to exist) his invisibility cloak at the first evening activity, capture the flag.
- The Stallion (Dakota Roses) - For reasons that can only be guessed at, Winfield's rag, you pervs.
- Oreo (Dontavious) - because hes just so goddamn white.
- Cheese, Cheesy, The Big Cheese (Charlie Krumholtz)-Started by Jackson Cacioppo, on the first day, Sean insisted on giving every member of his rag a nickname. As Jackson put it, he thought, "Charles, Charlie, Chuck, Chazz... Cheese!"
- Will.I.Is. (William Erwin)- One day in class Chica called Will Will.I.Am after the singer and Will said that he was Will.I.Is
- Chica (Vanshika Balayan)- Well, she's a girl and nobody could remember 'Vanshika' at first
- Gaga (Cheng-Wei Lo)- he was Lady Gaga at Quadfest
- Vu-berry (Ashley Vu) - Because she's a fruit basket. Or so she says.
- Mister Orange Meister (Dominic Chiampi) - Just...because.
- Cougar (Ash-ley Cub-ley) - Result of endless flirting with second years and dating a third year.
- Donatello (Dominic Chiampi)
- Mr. Unitis (Nitis Udornpim) - Don Donalson visted the Criminal Minds class and used Nitis as an example of a citizen. However, he did not hear Nitis right, and so dubbed him Mr. Unitis. The name stuck.
- Satan (Nitis Udornpim) - Not because Nitis acts like one, but because if you flip his name backwards and replace the 'i's with 'a's, you get Satan. He can also be called Kitin and Mitin.
- Waffles (Andre Jarnagin)- because he looks like a Waffles.
- Monster Mouse (Lindley Bellian)- because shes ferocious.
- Skippy (Nathaniel James-Vitkus McPherson I)- Because he hates it.
- Jakob With a K (Jakob Thorn)- because of the unusual spelling of his name.
- Jakob (pronounced YA-KHOB) was also a nickname for Jakob Thorn- from CTA!
- Sex on Legs (Michael Nirenberg)
- Sunshine (Michael Sikes) - Wore a yellow watch everdyday, wore his yellow shirt very often, constantly smiled, lives in Florida (the Sunshine state) and a former RelationTIP often wore a "Little Miss Sunshine Shirt." It stuck very well, as there are many people on Duke East who don't know Sunshine's real name.
- Little Miss Mistress (Katie Chaplin) - Name given to her by John Vaughan, one of The Bosses. No explination neccessary.
- Kyle the 2nd Year (Kyle Laughlin) - One of the only second years in his class.
- Tom the Boy Scout (Tom McBrearty) - For his general resemblance to one (and his hat). Also, Tom the Cub Scout.
- The One (David Freed) - Violent Femmes put it best: Big hands, I know you're The One! His unusually large hands led to this nickname after the first dance.
- J-Money (Justin Price) - A total win if I've ever seen one. Quite simply the greatest nickname in the history of nicknames.
- Zeit(Phillip Geist) - A nickname preferred by the acknowledged frisbee god of East Term II. It is a play on his last name, zeitgeist meaning 'spirit of the age' in German.
- Mehuligans/Meh-Meh (Mehul Mehta) - Both nicknames fall stunningly short of describing the incredible persona of The Mehul Mehta.
- M. Randall Randy Boudrocks (Madeleine Boudreaux) - Not many words are necessary, Randy Boudrocks is just classy. Case closed.
- Sex-on-Legs (Michael Nirenberg - often abbreviated as just "Sex") - is there any other way to personify sex? (also because he had a hat with an 'S' on it and no one knew what it meant..)
- Jesus (Tucker Jones) - Guy just looks like Jesus, what can I say? In related news, Zach Taylor has passed down the (under construction) Gospel of Tucker to Toni Mason.
- Sir Father William Wallace (William Ballard) - Llamatic priest and all around honorable fellow, felled by Swine Flu on the TiPquenox AS THEY ANNOUNCED TIP WAS BEING CLOSED. He was the one screaming 'FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM' from the QuarenTiP van.
- Black, Trench (Seth Haber) - He wore black. And a trench coat.
- Luna (Caitlyn of Sakinah's rag) - She looks like Luna. From Harry Potter.
- The Stallion (Dakota Ryan Roses) - For reasons that can only be guessed at, Winnfields rag e_e pervs
- Cinnamon Suga Thighs (Frank James)- it was his WASW name...
- Spoon (Spencer Morris)- because that was his name.
- The Couch (David)- I think this was because of his velvet pants, but im not sure..
- Sunshine (Michael Sikes) - Wore a yellow watch everdyday, wore his yellow shirt very often, constantly smiled, lives in Florida (the Sunshine state) and a former RelationTIP often wore a "Little Miss Sunshine Shirt." It stuck very well, as there are many people on Duke East who don't know Sunshine's real name.
- Pubes McGee (Zach Getson) - Also called Jewfro, until he cut his hair off. His hair, coined by Brant Hysell, looked like pubes.
- The Muffins - see Cadene's Original RAG.
- AC/DC (Tyler Fitch) - Known for wearing "AC/DC" shirts on a near-daily basis his first year (Davidson '04) and his epic hair
- Chaos (Seth) - Given the name by his fellow Vampire students due to his misguided choice to mention that his real name was the name for the egyptian god of chaos, storms, etc... for more on seth the god(as opposed to seth the mortal) google seth in mythology
- Charliegirl (Grace Katherine Charlie Williams) - There were two "Charl(ie/ey)s. One was a boy, one a girl. Differentiation was required.
- Charleyboy (Charley Snyder) - See above.
- SayBay/SayFay/SayLowe (Sara Broussard/Sara Faber/Sarah Lowe) - Three Sara(h)s, one year. Three last names. It had to be. Also went by SaraJew (Faber), SaraJewer (Sarah Lowe), and SaraGoy (Sara Broussard, also simply "Goy").
- Sass (Victoria Williamson) - Not sure of origin. However, fitting due to her "sassy," fun personality and tendency to speak her mind.
- Schweppes (Will Nance) - His nickname was bestowed upon him by none other than Frodo the forth year (as of 2006) and company. The forth years decided Will was was enough of a playboy to carry nickname "Schweppes". However, Will is not the same is the infamous Schweppy who was a fourth year at east in 2003, known for his hair, his insanity, smoothness with the ladies, and his general awesomeness. His nickname was derived from the fact that he was one of the only kids to call it SchweppEs, putting emphisis on the e at the end, and because he drank it all the time as well.
- Stacy (Chris Lanier) - On the first day, he introduced himself to Charliegirl as Stacy as a joke. She missed the joke, initially, and spread the story. The name stuck and by the end of the term, only a few fourth years knew his first name.
- System (Matt) - He constantly wore a System of a Down hat.
- Jesus (Alexis Cheney) - Due to the never ending game of Mafia. And a trunk. See Jesus (East)
- Snowflake (Sean) - given the nickname because he is white. (thanks to Benny)
Criminal Trial Advocacy - CTA '06, arguably one of the most cohesive classes ever to exist on East Campus, had one very special classmate, Benny Alexander, who took it upon himself to grant nicknames to each and every member of the class. Some made sense and have stories. Many do not. Many were never used by any besides Benny himself. These are those nicknames. (Cue Law and Order):
- Captain (Morgan Wild) - Origin unknown. One of Benny's Sons.
- Cornmeal (Melanie) - Origin unknown.
- Cookies (Jay Shooster) - Origin unknown.
- Godfather (Matt Nanes) - He just had that aura.
- Fonsworth (Vann Bentley) - Vann Bently --> Fonsworth Bentley. Clearly.
- Gray (Grey) - A true nickname? Perhaps not.
- Blackie Toy (Kris Allen) - Named after a character in a case study.
- One Way (Erica) - She possessed a single track mind.
- Killa Kate (Katie) - The alliteration just made it simple.
- H-Webb (Hannah Webber) - Two Hannahs. One class. Plus, it just sounded cool.
- Queen (Hannah Stevely) - Also known as British Hannah, this Hannah was both from a country possessing a Queen and had the attitude and sense of entitlement of one.
- Diamonds (Sydney Zorowitz) - Consistently wore over-sized sunglasses with several rhinestones.
- Cornbread (Scott) - Origin unknown.
- Honor (Blair) - Greatest aspiration was to become a Supreme Court Judge
- Butta' Pecan (Monique) - Her Puerto Rican heritage gave Benny the idea. Apparently "it's a New York thing."
- Junior (Darryl) - Benny wanted Darryl to become the new Benny.
- Project Pat (Patrick White) - Origin unknown.
- Softy (Nikki Softness) - Graced with an unfortunate last name, the nickname was simple.
- Viagro (Alegro) - given the nickname purely to insult him. (This nickname would have caused a gigantic fight on it's first usage if not for the intervention of Mario/dawkness. Also it's not a nickname since it was only used once.) (thanks to Benny) However when alegro made the transition to Duke TIP Term I the nickname was revived by Leah and Owen
- Lil' Sis (Arielle) - given the name by Benny because that is her relationTIP to him.
- Hermione (Sally) - due to the fact she looks like Hermione, and few knew her actual name first year.
- Dawkness (Mario McGregor) - given the name by Benny because of the half shade of blackness he has on him.
- Jose Cuervo (Mike) - given the nickname by everyone who thought that he was Hispanic (he's actually half japanese and half white...but looks MEXICAN!!)
- Day-nay (Dana) - given the name by her RAG
- Chico Suave (Jordan) - from Day-Nay's RAG (D-Block in the P-House with the G-Faces). Given the name by Benny just because Benny gives everyone a nickname at one point or another.
- Lil' Brother (Alina) - Given the nikname by Benny because she reminded him of the little brother he always wanted but never had.
- Mopph (Gabby) - Has a lot of hair, like a mop on his head. the spelling was altered just to make him cooler.
- Special K (Karan) - didn't want it to get pronounced like the girl's name Karen, so he went by Special K.
- Bruno (Hilary) - Her name was Hilary. So was her RA. So was her instructor. In a fit of having too many Hilarys, Peggy Nelling and Hilary (the TIPster) renamed her Bruno, and after writing the name on a "Hello, my name is..." sticker.
- Nickname (Alex Ryan) - given the name by RAG because he and Alex (the RC) had the same name and noone could think of a more suitable nickname.
- Jer-Bears (Jeremy's RC Group) - Kevin once mentioned a nickname for Jeremy "JerBear" and Jeremy asked him where he heard of it. Kevin said that he thought of it and Jeremy commented that he was called that during his highschool years. The nickname stuck.
- T-Dog (Theodore) - Named the first day by Kevin during the RC meeting
- P-Tain (Philip) - It's like T-Pain, just the P and T reversed
- Special K (Kevin) - (Samip came up with it as he was thinking of the Harlem Globetrotters and started calling Kevin Special K after one of the globetrotters)
- Shakira (Sreekar) - (Someone fill this in please, I don't know the origin of this)
- Sparkles(David) - He always wore a sparkly pin on his lanyard (until it got lost)
- BlondeJon (Jon the RC) - Jon is blonde, and needed a way not be confused with the other John RC
- Panda Man (John the RC) - He wore a panda shirt the second day, and needed a way not to be confused with BlondeJon
- Belief/Hope/Destinyy (Faith)-Started as a joke because of her inability to remember other peoples names
- Fish (Abigail) - Sammy saw a spaceship on Vicki's shirt and thought it was a fish, all the while trying to think of a nickname for Abigail (because everyone needs a nickname!). Thus she became known as Fish
- Kristy Cat (Kristy Yeung) - Her roommate thought it was cute. Obviously the general populace disagreed as the nickname only caught on to a small degree.
- Bunny (Arianna) She was freaking adorable!!!
- Joseph/Steven von Potsticker/Sexi Steven (Steven) Oh so many reasons....
- Stirfry (Ashley) I have no idea how she got that name... (Stirfry was given this name previously at Davidson the year before by a close friend by the name of Maggie.)
- LARP (Luke) He was a professional larper.
- Amish Butter (Amy) Butter makes everything better :D
- Taco (Chandler) She was pretty cool. Not as cool as an actual taco, but still pretty cool.
- Panda/Little Miss Sunshine (Sunny) Panda because he was Asian, the other name was from WASW
- Shrimp/Shrimp Cocktail (Casey) Got Taco to think of a random food and Eureka and overly long nickname was born, but it was later shortened to just Shrimp...
- Steve Late (Spencer Early) - Steve came from his act within the Term I of 2009, where he had the "Fork of Justice" and the "Spoon of Anti-Emperor Steve Da Da-Da Da!", both of which were spawned from a joke made within the cafeteria. The last fake name "Late" was added as a pun to his actual last name.
- Seizure Boy (Dennis Law) - Due to the fact that in his Programming for Video Games class, he would make a few games where the colors would change every frame, effectively causing a "seizure" effect.
- Ginger (Sam, Sam, Thomas Owens, and Emily) - This nickname was given due to the hair color of the four people.
- KiKi (Keian) - Pun made off the name.
- PaPaw (Pawel) - Pun made off the name.
- J.U.L.I.A. (Raging Toilet in 3rd Floor of P hall) - This toilet holds the record in TiP for the longest recorded toilet flush without the handle having been touched. The cause of the flush is unknown.
- Aliberto (Albert Ho) - Named after Alejandro, which he repeatedly sang on the first day.
- Captain Tye-Dye (Alex) - With his complete set of Tye-Dye shirts, he is sure not to be at a loss of colors at any time.
- Squeaker (Aditya) - On the first day of Term 1 when his RC was giving the group numbers, his voice cracked when he said his. It was the first word he said at Duke West campus. His name slowly became well known and he became somewhat of a legend for his antics including his hilarious representation of a flaming homosexual man.
- Alabama (Reilly McDerment) - Strong southern accent, actually from Alabama
- Russia (Jacob) - Signed for many people's "Has visited a foreign country" blank because he went to Russia once; not actually Russian.
- Jim (Arun) - The other Arun in the same class as 'Marsten.
- Texas - See: Alabama
- Juno (Lenna Mendoza) - Due to her resemblence to Ellen Page/Juno.
- Chester (Harlie Lane) - Due to her impressive role in an Abnormal Psychology skit/roleplay.
- Butterscotch (Joshua Lafond-Favieres) - His stripper name and also WASW female-name
- Chocolate Chip (Josh again) - One time he said his mom called him Chocolate Chip so some people tried to get that goin as a nickname
- Squidward (Stephen)- Because he played the clarinet and was slightly awkward like Squidward
- E$ (Ethan Agrawal) -there were two Ethan's in Nanotech, therefore they could not both be called Ethan.
- Slagathor (Libby) -Ask Ethan and Jandro why this is...
- Mr. Kentucky (Blake) - More of a 2009 thing. Given by Noah because he wears Kentucky basketball shirts a lot
- Slushy Puppy Cup (Tyler)- Before TiP, while at a cross country meet, Tyler accidentally kicked a slushy cup. He was then told (by a fellow team-mate or a coach, I cannot recall) to apologize to the cup. Everyone else saw him, and well...there ya go
- Boozie, Jacked-up Jaclyn (Jaclyn Boozalis)- she does NOT have alcohol problems. Stephanie Hsiang created this name for her the previous year (TiP 2009).
- Teddy (Theodore Boozalis)- Everyone adopted this name for him. Sammy, his Genetics TA, started calling him this at the airport. His sister, Boozie, regularly called him Theodore until her roommate, Stephanie Hsiang, began correcting her. Everyone calls him Teddy now.
- Nicholas/Nick- He would not decide upon one of these names, so Boozie referred to him as Nicholas/Nick.
- Izzy (Isabella Sanders)- The Physics Class called her this name because Boozie called her Izzy. So it was Boozie and Izzy.
- Squirrel (Torin Rukhab)- Received the name last year. It stuck.
- The Engaged Couple (Grahm & Luna)- she had the ring
- Esteban (Estevan)- Why couldn't anyone ever get it right?!
- Britt (Jeremey Hatcher)- 'cause he liked the name?
- Squeaky, Cookiez, Squeakers (Jacob) - Lost his voice and went from squeaky to pubertyish day to day, loved cookies, and had a friend who remembered him as cookies from another camp.
- SoBe (Daniel Brown) - Nickname for his love of SoBe. Was given the title 'Most Unique Kid at Camp' by Ross, and passed it on to Cookies. Pretty sure this name was started Davidson Term 2 '06.
- Lady of the Night (Mackenzie) - A running joke that the name pretty much explains...
- Steve (Spencer Early) - Due to the fact that he would go up to random people and try to overload their "Steve" by saying steve as fast as he could. Note: Calling him Steve may cause a chase scene. Ask SoBe.
- Sebass, Sea Bass, She-Bass (Sebastian) - Taken from his real name, no other reason known.
- Panda (Murphy) - Wore a panda suit for a social psych experiment, had other various panda themed paraphernalia
- Fleish (Daniel Theisen) - Because of his uncanny resemblence to Ajay's friend from home
- Pantless Girl aka P-minus or simply P- (Sydney)- Comes from her oversized sweatshirt which gave the illusion that she was wearing no pants
- Quarters (Ben) - Taken from his statements about bouncing quarters off of girls' butts
- Dirty 'Stache (Sean) - Coined because of his upper lip, desperately needing to be shaved
- Shankapotamus (Sean) - Because he tried to shank someone
- God (Riley) - Volunteered to take on the role
- K-Five (Trey) - Taken from his t-shirt, which read "K-Five" on the front (Thomas Claims that we never called him this)
- Awkward Adam (Adam) - Used because of his extreme awkwardness
- Tug-of-War Kid, Harvard Kid (real name unknown) - Given to the kid who did not show up for the 3rd place matchup of tug-of-war for the Grello team on Quadfest, causing them to get last place in the event. He wore a Harvard T-shirt. He became better known for flipping out and dropping the F-bomb when approached about the incident
- Ball Relay Kid (real name unknown) - Given to the 2nd year who, at anchor leg of the ball relay, lost the Grello team's sizable lead at quadfest, dropping the ball numerous times before finishing in 2nd place
- Jeremy's Sister (Stephanie Hsiang) - Referred to as such because it annoyed her to be known because of her brother Jeremy, a former TIPster
- British Kid (Truman) - Also a Color (unlike Green). Talked with a British accent most of the time and ranted about Pakinstanis taking over Britain and eating his cat
- Matt's Girlfriend (Megan)- given to Megan by Alex Averbook just to get on her nerves. After being called that, she often replied, "OMG I have a name!"
- Choke-Chain (Isabella)- due to the wearing of her lanyard, in an original manner, as a choke-chain
- Squirrel (Torrin)-He always enjoyed chasing squirrels and at a game of Mafia, the name was made permanent. Thomas always said that if Squirrel ever actually caught a squirrel, he roast it and eat it or sell it (he now says that he would have stuck it in the microwave even though it would probably explode.) nom nom nom.
- Veggie Boy (Vignesh) - Due to the fact that as being introduced in the game he said "I'm Vignesh and I like Vegetables." Therefore, he received the nickname "Veggie Boy" for the rest of the TIP course.
- Afro Man (No one knows his real name) - Everyone (Including himself) calls him Afro Man, but no one actually knows his real name. He likes Afro Man better, as does everyone else.
Editor's Note: I'm too lazy to go through the logs and see when these were posted. Some also appear to be connected with multiple years, so I'm leaving them as they are. KJ4UBL (talk) 23:26, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- PG-13 (Michal) - given name because she was only 13 and already had an almost R-rated mind
- Turtel (Amanda) - Documented at Marine Lab 05, but apparantly in place beforehand
- Stacy (Sam) - also given to him by Stuart in 2009 because after singing the lyrics to The Ting Tings hit, "That's not my name", Stuart was convinced that they actually did call Sam, "Stacy." Stacy still goes by this name as of 14 May, 2012.
- (name classified) -given in 2009 because he looked stoned in the morning.
- Arbi (Rachel) -even after breaking her tailbone, Rachel was still always in a good mood, hence the 'Arbi' (Arby's GOOD MOOD food.) (EDIT: WOW THIS IS SO WRONG. Guys. Really. Whoever made this explanation apparently didn't know Arbi.. Started in softball. There was another Rachel girl.. So they called *this* Rachel by her initials "R. B." and then she'd write it out "Arbi" and it stuck :) and that's how it really went down..)
- BEE (Brenna) -most people said her name wrong so she decided to be called 'BEE.'
- Google (Jacob H.) -the name was passed down from the original 'Google' (Matt) during fourth year speeches.
- Cookie (Kristen) -unknown
- Shakira (Britt) -According to her class she looked like "Shakira" (Her Hips Don't Lie)
- Chopstix (Jun) - due to his obsession of eating meals with chopsticks and his obsession of them.
- Glow (Charlie) - his obsession and massive supply of glowsticks
- Bronze Nails (Audrey) -on the first day of term at dinner, an epic showdown of ERS was started between Audrey and Taylor. After three rounds, Audrey and her Bronze Nailpolished Nails were declared the winner. Throughout the term calls of "Bronze Nails strikes again" could be heard from several games of ERS.
- The 17th (Charlie) - Once the information was disclosed that he was Charles Thomas Daliege the XVII, he was then dubbed the 17th by his roommate, Benson. The name didn't stick, but to this day, Charlie will answer to the 17th.
- OT (Othneil) - suggested by OT himself simply because of the fact no one would be able to pronounce his name.
- Chalupa/Traitor (Robert) - Chalupa was in place from before but traitor came from him changing ultimate teams in the middle of a game
- Cheeto (Charles) - In the icebreaker game for Web Design he said he would bring a bag of cheetoes
- Google (Matt) - given to him cause of all his google shirts (11 in total!). His last year he passed down his name to (insert name here). Matt is now known as Google Plus
- Medzy (Josh) - given because he often did not take his meds...and he needs them BADLY!
- Rubik's (Dennis Law) - Name given for having a Rubik's cube around at all times.
- Spaghetti (Tristan Cozier)- Given by Dan the RC because he could not remember Tristan's name on the first day.
- Salty (Dru)- Given because of Dru's inability to not be salty
- Thirsty (Kaitlyn)- Given for obvious reasons
- Charles (Charlotte)- Given as her 80s mom name
- Mom and Jessica(Claire)- Because of her Swarmfest packing skills, Claire received the nickname Mom. Because of her drunk voice, Claire received the nickname Jessica.
- Talison (Alison)- Alison was tall.
- Smallyson (Allyson)- Allyson was short.
- Beach (Kierstin)- Kierstin's actual nickname wasn't Tipropriate, so we went with this one.
- Sam Well (Samuel Liu) because it annoys him and its funny
- Bria-chan (Bria)- Everyone loved her, so she got an affectionate term.
- Benpai (Ben)- He was everyone's senpai. His name is Ben. Ben + Senpai = Benpai.
- Burrito Girl (Allissa)- She wrapped herself in her sheets on the last night and went insane.
- Yoshi (Danny)- Carried a plush Yoshi everywhere he went.
- Ponyboy (Andrew)- Looked astoundingly like the character Ponyboy from the movie adaption of the book The Outsiders.
- Teaspoon (Marissa)- She was the smaller of the duo, and apparently fit nicely in the Tablespoon.
- Tablespoon (Emiko)- The taller of the duo.
- Jish (Josh, Design Challenges teacher)- Honestly the only person who actually knows how the name actually came about is Benpai, who coined the nickname.
- Queen Rachet (Margaret)- Played a character in improve called Queen Rachet and the name just stuck
- Goku(Keegan)-His hair looked like Goku.
- Rubik,Bill,Lucious lashes(Ethan)- He could solve a rubiks cube really quickly, and he had long eyelashes, idk why Bill tho.
- Mayo (Maddox)-because it's his last name
- Diego (Logan and Westly)-because Elizabeth said they looked like "a Diego"
- Josh Dun/Wild Bill/Canada (Joshua)-What we called him in Spec. Fic.
- Salsa/Sarasha (Sasha)-everyone knew his name even if he didn't know them
- Mayo (Madolyn)-because it's her last name