At Tip East, there is too much love for just relationTiPs, so we have to get married. And if you think there's gonna be monogamy, you would be incorrect. We will always support out polyamorous marriages at Tip East!!
Note: To be fair, Duke East has been one giant overextensive family tree ever since its inauguration in 1981. Every year 4th years try to adopt as many children as possible. TiPsters have children and their children have children and so on into the modern day. Marriages, after all, are a way for TiPsters to let their inner selves out and express creativity at camp, so it makes sense that they will continue holding them until the end of time. Moreover, all of us at tip love each other 3000.
In 2019, a couple of months before the term, the Duke East Term 1 group chat was buzzing with activity. One day, Katherine the Vodka Aunt (Katherine N) had a short conversation with Tate Clemons that would go down in history. It went as follows:
Vodka Aunt: "I hate you."
Tate: "I hate you too."
Vodka Aunt: "Love u"
Tate: "Love u 2"
Vodka Aunt: "Marry me?
And so the marriages were born. After this, more proposals ensued. When the term began, only 4 people were engaged: Vodka Aunt, Tate, Josh, and Brooke Huffman. As the wedding date grew closer more and more proposals occurred until over a dozen TiPsters were getting married.
The Inaugural Wedding took place on Thursday, June 13, 2019.
Fourth Year Official Marriage Roster
- Katherine “The Vodka Aunt” Nikolich
- Tate Clemons
- Josh Rubel
- Brooke Huffman
- Katherine Lawson
- Braden Borbely
- Alex LaFortune
- Maggie Ryals
- Shea Seufert
- Audrey Goff
- Lily Smith
- Jennifer St. George
- Sam King
- Connor Deagle
The third years of East decided to carry on the tradition into 2020. The list includes second and third years that were apart of the original third year engagement as well as fourth and fifth years that were proposed to after or later in to term. The officiant will be Lily Martin, as is her duty as holder of The Pastorship.The wedding is to be held on Thursday June 11, 2020.
- Charlotte Mann
- Anna Jones
- Gracie Overstreet (We miss you)
- Ethan (aka Kyle Bublic)
- Amy Budzichowski
- Katie Maddox
- Macie “brightside” Richardson
- Kate Fultz
- Madison Tucker
- Anna Walker
- Ava Roark
- Emily Sobel
- Garrick Reeder (We miss you as well)
- Jordan Rein
- Anisha Kafle- Maid of Honor. She's responsible for making a toast to the marriage the next day at lunch.
- Kylyn- Best Man. She's responsible for throwing a bachelor party the night before.
- Evie- Ring Bear. She's responsible for
wearing a fursuit/onesie to the wedding.
Official Vows for 2020
Marriage is an important bond between eighteen people.
- It is a promise to stay together through thick and thin.
- It is a promise to text each other whenever we're bored or thinking about each other.
- It is a promise to support each other's endeavors, no matter how cringe-worthy they may seem.
- It is a promise to tell our spouse if their fly is down or if there is stuff stuck in their teeth.
- It is a promise to remind them if they forgot their lanyard in their room and it is a promise to not steal their pins if they fall on the ground.
- It is a promise to not put their clothes on the floor if they are late picking up their laundry.
- It is a promise to give them a piggy back ride over the freshly-pooped quad if they are wearing white shoes or sandals.
- It is a promise to bang on their door if they are late to breakfast.
- It is a promise to share your umbrella with them if you get caught in the rain.
- It is a promise to invite them to join your circle if they are alone at a dance.
- It is a promise to look as stupid as they do during spirit week.
- It is a promise to force them to say three nice things about themselves when they say something mean about themselves.
- It is a promise to listen to them when they need somebody to talk to.
- It is a promise to periodically remind them how much you love them.
- It is a promise to give them a hug whenever they need one.
- It is a promise to love and cherish each other today, tomorrow, and forever.
Official Ceremony for 2020
So, do you, Amy, Anna, Anna, Ava, Charlotte, Emily, Ethan/Kyle, Garrick, Gracie, Jordan, Josh, Kate, Katie, Macie, Madison, Ollie, and Sophie take Amy, Anna, Anna, Ava, Charlotte, Emily, Ethan/Kyle, Garrick, Gracie, Jordan, Josh, Kate, Katie, Macie, Madison, Ollie, and Sophie to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?
And, do you, Sophie, Ollie, Madison, Macie, Josh, Jordan, Katie, Kate, Gracie, Garrick, Ethan/Kyle, Emily, Charlotte, Ava, Anna, Anna, and Amy take Sophie, Ollie, Madison, Macie, Josh, Jordan, Katie, Kate, Gracie, Garrick, Ethan/Kyle, Emily, Charlotte, Ava, Anna, Anna, and Amy to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?
You are now married in the name of Daddy B. Duke. You may hug circle and chant “marriage.”